One of the most commonly asked questions I get is, “What should we wear for our engagement photos?”. Sometimes it’s difficult to explain what to wear for an engagement session, especially when I don’t know a couple’s personalities that well yet. Some girls are comfortable in heels, whereas others would prefer to wear flats. Some guys are comfortable in a blazer and slacks, whereas others feel better in a t-shirt and Chucks.
Well, stress no more, because I’ve put together some tips to help you prepare for your engagement session, as well as an illustrated style guide, which you can access by clicking the button at the bottom of this post!
Tips on what to wear for your engagement session:
- Layers are flattering and allow your personality and style to show through.
- Bright hues in small doses are a fun bit of pizzazz (think scarf or hat).
- Go for neutral colored outfits that complement each other without being the same.
- Fitted clothes translate better to photographs than baggy ones. Right now, I’m seeing tulle skirts with fitted tops that are flattering and feminine on everyone, when paired with great heels!
- Sleeveless shirts, turtlenecks and clothes with logos/writing on them don’t provide timeless looks like more traditional clothing choices will.
- Try to avoid very large patterns, as they can really take away from the real focus of the image — YOU!
Ready for even more tips and advice on what to wear?
To receive an illustrated PDF version of the style guide, with even more tips for what to wear, click the link below and fill out the form to receive the same Spring and Summer Style Guide that I send to all of my engagement and wedding clients! Happy Shopping!
Share this story
Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful post. Thank you for providing this information.|
Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve visited this website before but after looking at some of the posts I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m certainly happy I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!|
It’s nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people about this topic, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks|